Heather Ayris Burnell is giving away a QUERY + FIRST FIVE PAGES critique. She is the author of KICK! JUMP! CHOP! THE ADVENTURES OF THE NINJABREAD MAN published by Sterling Children’s Books and is represented by Sean McCarthy.
To learn how to enter, read her post about the contest. The giveaway is open to all genres via Rafflecopter and ends in six days. Be sure to check out her book by clicking the link above to show her some love for her generosity!
As always, good luck!
A writing workshop in the sunny state? You betcha! On March 25 (Tampa) and 26 (Fort Lauderdale) the Florida Writing Workshop will take place. This writing events are wonderful opportunities to get intense instruction over the course of one day, pitch a literary agent or editor (optional), get your questions answered, and more. Note that there are limited seats at the events (100 per each).
This year’s faculty so far includes literary agent Penny Moore (FinePrint Literary); literary agent Lucienne Diver (The Knight Agency); literary agent Marlene Stringer (Stringer Literary Agency); literary agent Kimiko Nakamura (Dee Mura Literary); literary agent Nicole Resciniti (The Seymour Agency); literary agent Saritza Hernandez (Corvisiero Literary); literary agent Greg Aunapu (Salkind Literary); literary agent Kurestin Armada (P.S. Literary); literary agent Cricket Freeman (The August Agency); literary agent Amanda Leuck (Spencerhill Associates); and literary agent Kaylee Davis (Dee Mura Literary).
Registration fills up fast, so hurry and book your seat!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction
Oh my gosh in chocolate heaven! There is an Ireland Writer Tours not just once this year but several times! How can someone choose which one to attend? June 5-12 tour will be hosted by Entangled editor Kate Brauning and author Pamela Nowak while the July 10-17 tour will be hosted by editor Lisa Maxwell and author Jaye Robin Brown. Then there is the much talked about August 7-14 tour hosted by author and contest queen Brenda Drake and the co-founder of Entangled Publishing Liz Pelletier . And lastly, there’s the August 21-28 hosted by author Dianne Salerni and editor Janet Lane.
The tours are mini-writers’ conferences that help get your manuscript ready for publication. With dinner in a haunted castle and visits to a mysterious lake, ancient forest and a cave with eerie true stories, the tour is filled with enchantment and enough creepy to spark your writing juices. Combine this with professional critiques and editing advise and you’ve got one helluva trip! And don’t forget you can write this off at tax time since it’s a learning event.
Get your passports ready! And happy day writing.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.
For all writers who haven’t noticed, the lovely Authoress posted a #Blogpitch contest on her website Miss Snark’s First Victim. This starts as a logline contest on twitter in which 10 winners will be picked to get critiques. All persons leaving critiques will be entered for a chance to win a 15 page line edit from the wonderful Authoress! How cool is that?
- Follow Authoress on Twitter
- Have an active writing-related blog (posting at least once a week)
- Have a clean manuscript. Although it can be a work “in progress”, absolutely NO FIRST DRAFTS!
How to enter:
- Submission window starts noon (EDT) on Monday, June 30 and ends at noon (EDT) on Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
- Tweet your 128 character (or fewer) logline to #BLOGPITCH on Twitter
How it works after the tweets and the dates:
- Authoress will choose 10 favorite loglines (Announced Thursday, July 3)
- Winners will be invited to post their logline + first 250 words ON THEIR OWN BLOGS.
- Winners MUST send links to Authoress by Sunday, July 6.
- Authoress will post the 10 links on BLOG CRITIQUE TOUR DAY. (Posted on Wednesday, July 9.)
- Everyone, including winners, can visit the blogs and leave a critique. (Each critique=1 entry in drawing for a 15 page line edit from Authoress.) Critiquing starts immediately. All critiques entered by Friday, July 11, will be entered into drawing.
(Note: All genres except erotica or erotic romance will be accepted.)