If you haven’t heard, PitchWars has posted the mentor’s blog hops for 2018! Woo-hoo! Can you believe it’s that time of year again? Be sure to check out each mentors blog in the genre you write to see what’s on their wish list. There are 107 mentors total this year. Also, keep an eye on the agent’s page because many have already signed up to participate. The PitchWars staff will update the page as more agents enroll. (So far, 63 as of this moment.)
Unfamiliar with PitchWars? This is an event where mentors select a mentee’s manuscript to revise to help them get ready for an agent round. That’s right, they help a mentee rework their entire manuscript for free. This is because agented authors and editors want to give back to the writerly community. How exciting is that? There is so much love people!
Submissions will be open from August 27, 2018 (midnight EST) and ends on August 29, 2018 (10pm EST). Manuscripts must be completed and polished in order to enter. This is the crème de la crème of writing contests and only happens once a year! So, get those manuscripts edited and select the mentors you want to sub to. You only get to pick four! And as always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.
Woo-hoo! It’s that time of year again when mentors select a mentee to help them rework their entire manuscript for the agent round. This year Pitch Wars (hosted by the fabulous Brenda Drake) has 108 mentors to choose from to help make a writer’s story shine! But unlike past years, writers get to choose five mentors to submit instead of four. This is awesome!
From today until submissions day (August 17), writers can peruse blogs of the participating mentors to see their wish list for entries and make sure they’d be a good match. Most of the mentors supply links to their twitter accounts too, where they can be
stalked observed for social meshing. Also, a few beloved mentors said they don’t mind some questions via twitter or their blog, but be careful as to not be pitching to them. There are some other important dates when questions can be asked, such as #AskMentor on twitter (August 10), so be sure to check out Brenda’s blog. She has important dates and submission guidelines!
And here are your mentors…
While I helped by stating the age category each mentor is requesting, READ THEIR BIO’s to make sure they rep your genre! And before I let you go, here is a peak of some of the participating agents this year! (And Brenda has said more will be coming!)
- Louise Fury – The Bent Agency
- Melissa Edwards – Aaron Priest Agency
- Alexandra Machinist – ICM Partners
- Saba Sulaiman – Talcott Notch
- Laura Biagi – Jean V. Naggar
- Claire Anderson Wheeler – Regal Literary
- Stefanie Lieberman – Janklow & Nesbit Associates
- Carrie Prestritto – Prospect Agency
- Melissa Nasson – Ruben Pfeffer Content
- Uwe Stender/ Brent Taylor – TriadaUS
- The New Leaf Literary Agents – Suzie Townsend, Pete Knapp
- Molly Glick – Foundry Literary
- Kitty Walker – Eve White Literary Group
- Moe Ferrera – Booksends
- Margaret Bail – Inklings Literary Agency
- Julia Weber – J.A. Weber Literaturagentur GmbH
- Rachel Brooks – L. Perkins Agency
- Leon Husock – L. Perkins Agency
- Christa Heschke – McIntosh & Otis
- Stacey Donaghy – Donaghy Literary Group
- Taylor Haggerty – Waxman Leavell Literary Agency
- Emmanuelle Morgen – Stonesong
- Amy Cloughley – Kimberley Cameron & Association
- Brianne Johnson – Writers House
- And more to come!
As always, good luck!
Blogger and Writer of MG/YA fiction