For all writers who haven’t noticed, the lovely Authoress posted a #Blogpitch contest on her website Miss Snark’s First Victim. This starts as a logline contest on twitter in which 10 winners will be picked to get critiques. All persons leaving critiques will be entered for a chance to win a 15 page line edit from the wonderful Authoress! How cool is that?
- Follow Authoress on Twitter
- Have an active writing-related blog (posting at least once a week)
- Have a clean manuscript. Although it can be a work “in progress”, absolutely NO FIRST DRAFTS!
How to enter:
- Submission window starts noon (EDT) on Monday, June 30 and ends at noon (EDT) on Tuesday, July 1, 2014.
- Tweet your 128 character (or fewer) logline to #BLOGPITCH on Twitter
How it works after the tweets and the dates:
- Authoress will choose 10 favorite loglines (Announced Thursday, July 3)
- Winners will be invited to post their logline + first 250 words ON THEIR OWN BLOGS.
- Winners MUST send links to Authoress by Sunday, July 6.
- Authoress will post the 10 links on BLOG CRITIQUE TOUR DAY. (Posted on Wednesday, July 9.)
- Everyone, including winners, can visit the blogs and leave a critique. (Each critique=1 entry in drawing for a 15 page line edit from Authoress.) Critiquing starts immediately. All critiques entered by Friday, July 11, will be entered into drawing.
(Note: All genres except erotica or erotic romance will be accepted.)