Oh my gosh in chocolate heaven! There is an Ireland Writer Tours not just once this year but several times! How can someone choose which one to attend?
June 28-July 5, 2020
The tour will be hosted by author, screenwriter, and forensic specialist JENNIFER DORNBUSH and literary agent from Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency JILL MARR.
July 12-19, 2020
This tour will be hosted by multi-published & award-winning author & Writers’ Digest instructor Donna Russo Morin and agent & editor with Marsal, Lyon Literary Patricia Nelson
The tours are mini-writers’ conferences that help get your manuscript ready for publication. With dinner in a haunted castle and visits to a mysterious lake, ancient forest and a cave with eerie true stories, the tour is filled with enchantment and enough creepy to spark your writing juices. Combine this with professional critiques and editing advise and you’ve got one helluva trip! And don’t forget you can write this off at tax time since it’s a learning event.
Get your passports ready! And happy day writing.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.
WriteOnCon is an online conference for kidlit writers and illustrators to teach, learn, and mingle. You do not have to be published to attend, nor do you have to leave your house! And if you think I’ve been sitting on my laptop waiting for the campaign to start, YOU ARE RIGHT! The campaign often has very affordable critiques and I WANT IN!
During the campaign, writers can purchase critiques of their queries, partial pages, or full manuscripts from NYT Best Selling Authors, publishing editors, or literary agents. Writers can even purchase calls from a couple of literary agents to discuss the publishing industry. Some of the participants of the crits or chats include:
- Kaitlyn Johnson, literary agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency
- Natalie Lakosi, literary at Bradford Literary Agency
- Lisa Maxwell, NYT best-selling author of THE LAST MAGICIAN
- Patricia Nelson, literary agent at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Carrie Pestritto, literary agent at Prospect Agency
- Sara Raasch, NYT best-selling author of the SNOW LIKE ASHES trilogy
- Beth Revis, NYT best-selling author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, A WORLD WITHOUT YOU, and STAR WARS REBEL RISING
- Eric Smith, associate literary agent at PS Literary
- Lauren Spieller, assistant literary agent at Triada US
- Clarissa Wong, an editor at HarperCollins Children’s
- Heather Howland, senior editor at Entangled Publishing
- Cynthia Leitich Smith, NYT best-selling author of the TANTALIZE series, FERAL series, JINGLE DANCER, and more
- Kelly Van Sant, literary agent at D4EO Literary Agency
- And more!
All purchases appear to include conference registration and entry into a raffle to win a critique, book ARC, or a phone call from an agent! (There will be multiple winners.) And of course, you can purchase only the conference if not interested in any of the critiques. The prices are:
- General Admission: $1
- Full Conference Admission: $5
- Extended Admission: $10
No, you’re not reading those numbers wrong! This will be the cheapest conference you will ever attend that will be packed with hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of information from the comforts of your home! What else could you ask for? For complete information of what the tiered admissions cover and to search through critiques you might want to purchase, go to the campaign page. The crowdfunding will end on December 7, 2017. so hurry if you want to purchase a critique. They’re going fast.
As for the conference, it’ll be February 9th – 11th, 2018. Mark your calendars and I hope to see you there, uh, virtually of course!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.