Revise & Resub is a writerly contest started in 2017 by a group of editors wanting to help writers find their dreams of publishing. Writers submit their completed manuscripts to two editors and one alternate for an opportunity to win feedback. The chosen writers will get help to ready their entire manuscripts for agent queries, and it’s FREE!
The submission window opens at 9am EST on April 21, 2018 and closes at 11:59pm on April 22, 2018. Be sure to read the editor bios so your manuscript will be a good fit (and they don’t hit the delete button)! In order to submit, go here. And as always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.
In preparation for the upcoming #RevPit event, the editors of Revise & Sub have decided to do a round of #10Queries via a Rafflecopter drawing opening February 16, 2018 and closing on February 20th, 2018. The winners will submit their query and first five pages for critique on the twitter hashtag. (Names will not be posted. Editors will send emails to winners regarding which pitch was theirs.) But have no fear, there will be more than ten winners because each editor will select ten each! Participating editors are:
So, if you’re wondering how strong your query and first pages are, this will be a good event to find out! Read all the information here. As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction
Note: The hashtag used during this event is #10Queries and not the #tenqueries most often used by agents and editors. Be sure to watch the correct hashtag if selected.
WriteOnCon is an online conference for kidlit writers and illustrators to teach, learn, and mingle. You do not have to be published to attend, nor do you have to leave your house! And if you think I’ve been sitting on my laptop waiting for the campaign to start, YOU ARE RIGHT! The campaign often has very affordable critiques and I WANT IN!
During the campaign, writers can purchase critiques of their queries, partial pages, or full manuscripts from NYT Best Selling Authors, publishing editors, or literary agents. Writers can even purchase calls from a couple of literary agents to discuss the publishing industry. Some of the participants of the crits or chats include:
- Kaitlyn Johnson, literary agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency
- Natalie Lakosi, literary at Bradford Literary Agency
- Lisa Maxwell, NYT best-selling author of THE LAST MAGICIAN
- Patricia Nelson, literary agent at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Carrie Pestritto, literary agent at Prospect Agency
- Sara Raasch, NYT best-selling author of the SNOW LIKE ASHES trilogy
- Beth Revis, NYT best-selling author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, A WORLD WITHOUT YOU, and STAR WARS REBEL RISING
- Eric Smith, associate literary agent at PS Literary
- Lauren Spieller, assistant literary agent at Triada US
- Clarissa Wong, an editor at HarperCollins Children’s
- Heather Howland, senior editor at Entangled Publishing
- Cynthia Leitich Smith, NYT best-selling author of the TANTALIZE series, FERAL series, JINGLE DANCER, and more
- Kelly Van Sant, literary agent at D4EO Literary Agency
- And more!
All purchases appear to include conference registration and entry into a raffle to win a critique, book ARC, or a phone call from an agent! (There will be multiple winners.) And of course, you can purchase only the conference if not interested in any of the critiques. The prices are:
- General Admission: $1
- Full Conference Admission: $5
- Extended Admission: $10
No, you’re not reading those numbers wrong! This will be the cheapest conference you will ever attend that will be packed with hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of information from the comforts of your home! What else could you ask for? For complete information of what the tiered admissions cover and to search through critiques you might want to purchase, go to the campaign page. The crowdfunding will end on December 7, 2017. so hurry if you want to purchase a critique. They’re going fast.
As for the conference, it’ll be February 9th – 11th, 2018. Mark your calendars and I hope to see you there, uh, virtually of course!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.