2017 Pitch contest
Yay! A new contest for writers. Me LOVES when writers want to help other writers! Here is what you need to know. This contest is to help you get your pitch shined for agents and editors. What you’ll need to enter is:
1. 140-character pitch. You’ve got 140 characters to grab their attention, including the #PitProm hashtag.
2. Query letter.
3. The first ten pages of your completed manuscript. (Polished and edited!)
The Royal Advisors will go through the first 200 entries to select 20 entries, consisting of ten science fiction and ten fantasy pitches. Then they will mentor those twenty writers to get their pitch, query, and first ten pages sparkly for an agent round. Submission begin August 24th, 2017 at midnight CST and will close on August 25, 2017 at midnight CST. Visit their site for complete guidelines and to learn about the Royal Advisors and agents/editors participating.
As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction
Helsinki, Finland was selected to host the 75th Worldcon on August 9th through 13th 2017. They will be celebrating their national centennial. They invite you to explore their unique culture, a blend of east and west. From museums to music, fashion to food, art and design, Finland has a lot to offer.
Worldcon 75 will feature writers, artists, musicians, editors, publishers, critics, scientists, and fans with interests across the full spectrum of science fiction and fantasy.
GUESTS OF HONOR
- John-Henri Holmberg (born 1949 in Stockholm) is a Swedish author, critic, publisher and translator, and a well-known science fiction fan.
- Nalo Hopkinson (born in 1960 in Kingston) is an award winning Jamaican author.
- Johanna Sinisalo (born in 1958 in Sodankylä) is an award winning Finnish science fiction and fantasy writer. She is also a successful screenwriter.
- Claire Wendling (born 1967 in Montpellier) is a French comics artist, illustrator, and cover artist.
- Walter Jon Williams is an award-winning American author, with strong ties to Finland (all his grandparents were born there).
There are many other guests like NASA Astronaut Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren and science guest Professor Ian Stewart. There are over 120 authors, artists, musicians, editors, publishers, critics, and scientists attending. So, you never know who you’ll be having coffee with in the morning. Check out the complete list here.
If you want to go, rooms are filling up fast at nearby hotels. So hurry if you plan on attending. As always, have fun and happy mingling and learning.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.