Looking for a place to type your new manuscript and need a place of inspiration. Try the Pele’s Fire: Write To The Core. This retreat is held at the Oceanside retreat in Hawaii called Kalani.
Participate in yoga, meditation, dance, or another wellness program while visiting Kalani. Take a swim, get a massage, or explore the nearby jungle, land, and sea. And if you want an extended stay beyond the writing retreat, look into being a volunteer and get a discount or a scholarship!
Here are some of the things Pele’s Fire all-inclusive writing retreat offers:
- Your own quiet writing time
- Small-group workshops with both of their teachers (Rahna Reiko Rizzuto & Elena Georgiou)
- Generative inspiration and exercises
- Guided conversations on a variety of writing-related topics
- Your own one-on-one conference for manuscript feedback
- Group readings
- Optional free time to explore the island.
Things you can explore:
- Volcano National Park
- Lava Tree Forest
- Kaimu black sand beach
- Volcanically-heated warm pools
Most importantly, you get to write-write-write in beautiful and awe-inspiring surroundings! But hurry, registration for spring 2018 may still be open, but application deadline expires on December 4, 2017 (or until retreat is full).
Have a great writing experience!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction
Helsinki, Finland was selected to host the 75th Worldcon on August 9th through 13th 2017. They will be celebrating their national centennial. They invite you to explore their unique culture, a blend of east and west. From museums to music, fashion to food, art and design, Finland has a lot to offer.
Worldcon 75 will feature writers, artists, musicians, editors, publishers, critics, scientists, and fans with interests across the full spectrum of science fiction and fantasy.
GUESTS OF HONOR
- John-Henri Holmberg (born 1949 in Stockholm) is a Swedish author, critic, publisher and translator, and a well-known science fiction fan.
- Nalo Hopkinson (born in 1960 in Kingston) is an award winning Jamaican author.
- Johanna Sinisalo (born in 1958 in Sodankylä) is an award winning Finnish science fiction and fantasy writer. She is also a successful screenwriter.
- Claire Wendling (born 1967 in Montpellier) is a French comics artist, illustrator, and cover artist.
- Walter Jon Williams is an award-winning American author, with strong ties to Finland (all his grandparents were born there).
There are many other guests like NASA Astronaut Dr. Kjell N. Lindgren and science guest Professor Ian Stewart. There are over 120 authors, artists, musicians, editors, publishers, critics, and scientists attending. So, you never know who you’ll be having coffee with in the morning. Check out the complete list here.
If you want to go, rooms are filling up fast at nearby hotels. So hurry if you plan on attending. As always, have fun and happy mingling and learning.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.