It’s that time of year again when Amy Trueblood and Michelle Hauck host Sun vs Snow! This is not a twitter contest, but a blog contest for unpublished writers. Last year they had 21 agents participating (half shown here and the other half shown here). Keep an eye on their blogs for agent listings for this year’s contest.
Get your submission ready via email and submit when the window opens on January 23, 2018 at 4pm EST. They only take the first 200 entries, so don’t wait to long. But if you’re worried you’ll miss the entry timeframe, Michelle has a chance to win a FREE PASS on her blog via rafflecopter and comment (deadline of January 19, 2018). Get your query and first 250 words polished now!
This is only for completed manuscripts, so please don’t send WIPs. Go here for complete guidelines.
As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer MG/YA fiction
Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents
Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents is seeking a full time literary assistant to start as soon as possible in New York. (This is not a remote position.) Benefits will include health insurance. Responsibilities include
- Handling general administrative tasks and office maintenance, logging submissions and contracts, scanning contracts and royalty statements, and facilitating author/editor interface.
- Reading unsolicited and client manuscripts and writing reader’s reports, rejection letters and editorial letters.
- Vetting and negotiating contracts
- Assisting with foreign rights
- Tracking payments
- Evaluating text and photo permissions
- Hiring and overseeing interns
- Updating the agency’s Facebook and Instagram pages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office essential
- Familiarity with BAITS a major plus
- Familiarity with social media essential
- At least one year of relevant experience essential.
Contact: Lexi Wangler (email@example.com), 27 W 20th Street, Suite 305, New York, NY 10010 (Ph# 212-352-2055) DO NOT CALL REGARDING QUERIES, THIS IS FOR SERIOUS JOB APPLICANTS ONLY!
Application Instructions: Please send your cover letter in the body of the email with your resume as an attachment to the attention of Lexi Wangler at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line of “Agency Assistant Position.”
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.