Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents
Massie & McQuilkin Literary Agents is seeking a full time literary assistant to start as soon as possible in New York. (This is not a remote position.) Benefits will include health insurance. Responsibilities include
- Handling general administrative tasks and office maintenance, logging submissions and contracts, scanning contracts and royalty statements, and facilitating author/editor interface.
- Reading unsolicited and client manuscripts and writing reader’s reports, rejection letters and editorial letters.
- Vetting and negotiating contracts
- Assisting with foreign rights
- Tracking payments
- Evaluating text and photo permissions
- Hiring and overseeing interns
- Updating the agency’s Facebook and Instagram pages
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office essential
- Familiarity with BAITS a major plus
- Familiarity with social media essential
- At least one year of relevant experience essential.
Contact: Lexi Wangler (firstname.lastname@example.org), 27 W 20th Street, Suite 305, New York, NY 10010 (Ph# 212-352-2055) DO NOT CALL REGARDING QUERIES, THIS IS FOR SERIOUS JOB APPLICANTS ONLY!
Application Instructions: Please send your cover letter in the body of the email with your resume as an attachment to the attention of Lexi Wangler at email@example.com, with the subject line of “Agency Assistant Position.”
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.