If you are in the need of a critique partner, perhaps #CPMatch is a good place to look. Megan Lally has hosted this event since 2014. And this Saturday, September 29, 2018 begins another round to hunt your perfect wordsmith mate!
How it works:
- Create a twitter pitch of the manuscript you need feedback on.
- Include the hashtag #CPMatch
- Include the age category and genre (example: MG Fantasy)
- Abbreviate your critique style(s). (Go here for acronyms)
- Tweet pitch only ONCE!
- Then read other pitches to find a match!
If you spot someone that you think would be a good fit, then tweet or message them to see if they’d like to swap first chapters. This way there is a trial run to make sure you like each other’s critique style. (Not everyone meshes, and this is okay!) So, happy pitching and I hope you find your wordsmith partner for life!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.