Don’t forget the quarterly pitch event with Brenda Drake is coming up this Thursday, December 4, 2014 on twitter under the hashtag #PitMad. If you are new to the game of writing, this is where you create a 140 character pitch for your FINISHED manuscript and tweet for agents to read. Things to remember:
- Pitch submission time is 8am-8pm EDT (New York time)
- You must fit the hashtag of #Pitmad within the 140 characters.
- Include the category and genre in the 140 characters.
- Change tweets up. (Twitter will remove identical ones thinking they are spam.)
- DON’T FAVORITE TWEETS! This is for agents only. (If you want to support a friend, do it by retweeting.)
- If you won’t be available this day, schedule tweets using Tweetdeck.
- Only tweet once per thirty minutes so you don’t hog congest the feed.
- Don’t tweet agents and editors directly unless they tweet you first.
- Scammers can’t be controlled on an open pitch party. DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you submit from a favorite.
For additional tips, go to Brenda’s Drakes Pitmad page. As always, good luck!
Writer and blogger of MG/YA fiction