Thanksgiving is a designated time to remember what we are thankful for in life. For many, it’s having our health to spend time with family and friends while gorging on amazing meals until our stomach feels like it will explode. But there are others who might be joyful they survived a fatal illness to be here celebrating with people they love. Or maybe, there are those thrilled to still have a job, maybe paid a mortgage off, or even happy because they got that iPhone they’ve always wanted.
As for me, I’d like to thank:
- My family and friends who’ve supported me with my writing.
- My readers. (Because without y’all, I’d have no reason to have a blog!)
- All my critique partners, beta readers, and anyone who has ever glanced at a few pitches/pages/chapters and offered feedback (The list is SUPER long and I LOVE you guys!).
- Contest hosts for supplying fabulous opportunities with agents and mentoring, and for selecting me at some point in the past for one thing or another. (For example: Brenda Drake, Authoress, and Jessa Russo.)
- Slush readers. (I know your eyes cross and we don’t send enough chocolate!)
- The creator’s of Preditors & Editors, Writer’s Beware and Absolute Write Forums. (Trust me when I say they’ll save you from agent and publishing scams.)
- All the Amazing author’s who’ve allowed me to interview them this year!
- And finally (but not last), to God for giving me the strength to get through each day. (For numerous reasons, but especially my health.)
I’m sure there are many things and other people I may have forgotten, and ask forgiveness if I have. Everyone in my physical and virtual life are very important to me. Y’all give me strength to become the best me. And yes, you complete me! (Go ahead, grab a tissue.)
Whatever your reason for being thankful today, I wish you the Happiest of Thanksgivings!
Writer and blogger of MG/YA Fiction