This contest is open to stories for children of 750-1000 words. The winner is to receive $500 and publication in Pockets Magazine. Entries must be postmarked no later than August 15, 2017.
Please indicate FICTION CONTEST on both the outside envelope and the cover sheet.
• There is no set theme and no entry fee.
• Stories should be 750–1,000 words. (Stories shorter than 750 words or longer than 1,000 words will be disqualified.)
• Stories must be previously unpublished.
• Please include an accurate word count on your cover sheet.
• Multiple submissions are permitted, but please submit only your best work.
• Past winners are ineligible.
• The winner will be announced November 1 at
• Award: $500 and publication in the magazine.
• Entries with an SASE will be returned.
• If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEND ALL MANUSCRIPTS WITH SASE TO:
Lynn W. Gilliam, Editor
P. O. Box 340004
Nashville, TN 37203-0004
They request to please NOT send submissions via FAX or e-mail. As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.