Thanksgiving is a designated time to remember what we are thankful for in life. For many, it’s having our health to spend time with family and friends while gorging on amazing meals until our stomach feels like it will explode. But there are others who might be joyful they survived a fatal illness to be here celebrating with people they love. Or maybe, there are those thrilled to still have a job, maybe paid off a mortgage, or even happy because they got that iPhone they’ve always wanted.
As for me, I’d like to thank:
- My family and friends who’ve supported me with my writing. I LOVE you guys!
- My daughter and grandson for bringing me joy in my life with their adventurous spirit.
- My readers. (Because without y’all, I’d have no reason to have a blog!)
- All my past and current critique partners (especially Diana DeBolt Johnson, Kathleen S. Allen. and G.Z Schmidt!). This includes anyone who has ever glanced at a few pitches/pages/chapters and offered feedback (the list is long).
- Contest hosts for supplying fabulous opportunities with agents and mentoring, and for those who selected me at some point in the past, for one thing or another. (For example: Brenda Drake, Authoress (Jillian Boehme), and Michelle Hauck.)
- The mentors that participated in contests. Your feedback was completely awesome!
- All slush readers (agents, editors, mentors, etc.) are the bomb. We don’t send enough chocolate, and I apologize!
- The creator’s of Preditors & Editors (linky still down), Writer’s Beware , Absolute Write Forums, Publishers Marketplace, QueryTracker and Manuscript Wish List. (I use them often.)
- All the authors that allowed me to participate in their book releases or cover reveals!
- For all the ARCs I received, because FREE BOOKS before they’re published is AWESOME!
- I have a job and I adore working with all my coworkers!
- And finally (but not last), to God for giving me the strength to get through each day.
I’m sure there are many things and other people I may have forgotten, and ask forgiveness if I have. Everyone in my physical and virtual life are very important to me. Y’all give me strength to become the best me. Thank you for being a part of my life!
Whatever your reason for being thankful today, I wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.