You know I can’t resist informing readers about opportunities for open submissions to publishers, especially when one of the pubs is a big house. HarperCollins has an imprint called HarperLegend that allows authors to submit manuscripts, even if they don’t have an agent. According to the webpage, they want novels that communicate wisdom, insight, transformation and/or personal growth. These novels may have many different stripes and flavors including Christian, Eastern, or general spirituality, personal growth, wisdom literature, fables, historical fiction, fantasy fiction, even paranormal as long as it’s transformational. Some examples of books they give that’ll fit their taste are:
- THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelho
- THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS and the SPACE TRILOGY by C.S. Lewis
- THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI by Robin Sharma
- LIFE’S GOLDEN TICKET by Brendon Burchard
- THE SHACK by William Paul Young
- LIFE OF PI by Yann Martel
- BUDDHA by Deepak Chopra
- THE WAY OF THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR by Dan Millman
- SILENCE by Shusaku Endo
- SIDDHARTHA by Herman Hesse
If you’ve got something along these lines, go here to submit.
As always, good luck.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction
1 thought on “HarperLegend Submissions”