Self-published writers are often left out in the cold, struggling to market and promote there books. But every so often, there is an event to help them get noticed. The Published Book Awards via Writer’s Digest is such an event. Here is what is up for grabs:
- $8,000 in cash
- A feature article about you and your book for the March/April 2017 issue of Writer’s Digest
- A press release from Writer’s Digest, to be sent, along with a copy of your book, to 10 different major publishing review houses
- A paid trip to the ever-popular Writer’s Digest Conference!
- A guaranteed review in Midwest Book Review, courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC.
- Guaranteed acceptance in a special sales catalog, providing the Grand Prize Winner with national representation through 60,000 salespeople selling to non-bookstore markets, courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC.
- Three hours of consultation on business modeling and marketing with Antoinette Kuritz of Strategies Literary Development ($750 vale).
- A copy of The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors and Writers and consultation with Book Shepherd Judith Briles (valued at $500), courtesy of Brian Jud & Book Marketing Works, LLC.
- Four (4) hours of consulting from Ellen Reid, CEO of the Reid Creative Group and President of Ellen Reid’s Book Shepherding.
- A 30-minute telephone consultation about book marketing and promotion with Scott Lorenze, Westwind Communications.
- A one-year membership to Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), the largest not-for-profit trade association representing nearly 3,000 independent book publishers, courtesy of IBPA.
There are additional prized for other winners in each category. Be sure and check out the guidelines for submissions. Deadline is April 1, 2016.
As always, good luck.
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction.