The Annual Book Pipeline Competition seeks material for film or television adaptation. Open to writers worldwide, the contest accepts any genre, fiction or non-fiction. Published and unpublished works are both acceptable.
One Grand Prize Winner receives $5,000 and circulation to production companies depending on the genre. Some production companies are:
- Lit Entertainment Group – Prisoners
- Lakeshore Entertainment – Million Dollar Baby, Age of Adaline
- Anonymous Content – The Revenant, Spotlight
- QC Entertainment – Us, Get Out, BlacKkKlansman
- Silent R Management (reps Academy Award winner Barry Jenkins)
- Good Fear Film + Management – Mulan, Under the Silver Lake
- Zero Gravity Management – Ozark, The Accountant
- 21 Laps – Arrival, The Spectacular Now, Stranger Things
- Liz Destro (producer) – The Butler, Lizzie
- Fuqua Films – The Magnificent Seven, Southpaw
- LBI Entertainment – We Bought a Zoo
- Other leading production companies, managers, and agencies best-suited for developing the selected projects.
Early Deadline: November 15, 2019 with a $60 entry fee. Regular Deadline: December 1, 2019 with a $70 entry fee. For guidelines on how to submit, go here.
As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction