The 5th Annual Book Pipeline Competition seeks material for film or television adaptation. Open to writers worldwide, the contest accepts any genre, fiction or non-fiction. Only published books, graphic novels and short stories are acceptable.
- $10,000 to winner, $2,000 to 2 runners-up ($1,000 each)
- Long-term circulation and promotion to producers and other execs
- Project development with Book Pipeline to prepare a film or TV series pitch
- Consideration of other material and circulation of other stories to industry
- Invitations to annual writer and industry events hosted by Pipeline Media Group
Some of the production companies they have worked with are:
- Zero Gravity Management – Ozark, The Accountant
- Lit Entertainment Group – Prisoners
- Anonymous Content – The Revenant, Spotlight
- QC Entertainment – Us, Get Out, BlacKkKlansman
- Silent R Management (reps Academy Award winner Barry Jenkins)
- Good Fear Film + Management – Mulan, Under the Silver Lake
- 21 Laps – Arrival, The Spectacular Now, Stranger Things
- Liz Destro (producer) – The Butler, Lizzie
- Fuqua Films – The Magnificent Seven, Southpaw
- LBI Entertainment – We Bought a Zoo
- Lakeshore Entertainment – Million Dollar Baby, Age of Adaline
In addition to over 100 other managers, producers, independent directors, and agencies.
Deadline is August 15, 2020 with a $60 entry fee. For guidelines on how to submit, go here.
As always, good luck!
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction