Hello wonderful mentor of Pitch Wars and thank you for
stalking visiting me!
I hope this means you like my first pages and want to know more about me. I write both middle grade and young adult, mostly with a creepy vibe. So far, I’ve 230 (and climbing) ideas for stories and struggle to choose the next one to start. LIAR OF HAHNRY is my fourth completed manuscript, so as you can see, I’ve many more to go!
(My Collage for LIAR OF HAHNRY)
But don’t let this spine-chilling tale-telling girl fool you. I must admit a few ideas in my notebook aren’t always eerie—such as my underwater, alien-ish world adventure or the car that time travels with fun loving brothers. Sometimes, I just like a good laugh around my weirdness.
Some of my favorite pastimes involve anything in an ocean: swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. (I once swam over a Manta ray!) I also love cave exploring, hiking (especially in the mountains), whitewater rafting, repelling, jet skiing, painting, cooking, movies, hanging with the family, reading and writing (of course). When I write, I can be found sipping tea—okay, a LOT of tea—and eating cheese. I also devour chocolatey things (mostly brownies) when I’m waiting for contest results and stalking hashtags. Eating jalapenos with most meals is a craving, not an obsession—I swear! And lobster (or any seafood) is my absolute favorite meal. But I love all ethnic foods; my tongue has no limit for the goodies!
But, sometimes goodies have a limit. Like, who’s eating whom here?
Okay, enough about scrumptious stuff or I’m gonna have to take a break to feed my face. You might be wondering what I like to read. Welp, I’m all over the place. Seriously! Here are a few books I’ve enjoyed:
- The Graveyard Book, Neil Gaiman (but anything by Neil really!)
- Lockwood & Co. by Jonathan Stroud
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- The Witch’s Boy by Kelly Barnhill
- Wonder by RJ Palacio
- Caraval by Stepahnie Garber
- Doll Bones, Holly Black
- Frost Blood by Elly Blake
- The False Prince by Jennifer A Nielsen
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, J.K. Rolling
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
- We All Looked Up, Tommy Wallach
- Bridge to Terabithia, Katherine Paterson
What is next on my list to read? Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, simply because she wrote Anna Dressed in Blood and I super enjoyed it. So, I’m hoping this will be just as gripping!
And of course, I must mention some of my favorite movies or television shows. But know, I don’t watch many anymore because I read almost every second I’m not writing or working. So, in no particular order:
- Hocus Pocus
- The Quiet Place
- Stranger Things (TV Series)
- All Avenger movies!
- The Goonies
- Harry Potter
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Vampires Diaries (TV Series)
- The Originals (TV Series)
- The Notebook
- Frozen (Okay, so it’s an animation. Watcha gonna do about it?)
- Game of Thrones (TV Series)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992 directed by Francis Ford Coppola)
- The Mummy (1999 with Brendan Fraser)
- The Hunger Games
- Phantom of the Opera (1925 with Lon Chaney. Yes, I watched many old—old movies with my momma; basically she’d turn on anything with Lon, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, and pirate movies with Errol Flynn. And no, I’m not an old hag peeps, I’m only 49.)
Of course, I also like Pride & Prejudice but hey, I threw the Notebook in the list and didn’t want you to think I was all about the mooshy-mooshy. (But, if there is a mysterious creature or ghost, I just might be okay with a little mooshyness.) Oh, that makes me think of Ghost with Patrick Swayze (sad moment). Dang, that was a good movie!
In my non-writing life, I’m a retail manager. So, I’m accustomed to setting goals with deadlines, and creating a marketing plan to promote product. I’m also a good listener to customer needs to turn the knowledge into a sale. These skills are handy to have as a writer. I’m a quick learner and pretty easy going. So, if you’re blunt with critiques, I swoon at the words.
So there you have a brief summary of who I am and some things I enjoy. Good luck with finding an awesome mentee, but pleeeease…PICK ME!
(BTW, this picture is super cool and creepy with the ice hands, but I have to clarify—I dislike Pepsi! I’m a Dr. Pepper kind of girl. Well, when I’m not drinking tea.)
Blogger and writer of MG/YA fiction